Samaan & Torborg, LLP is a law firm providing a wide range of legal services to clients worldwide. We possess experience in a variety of practice areas important to businesses, including mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions and labor and employment law. Our clients include players in an array of industries, but our specialty is sports and entertainment law.
We are a unique New York law firm, providing our clients with the personal service that only small law firms can deliver, while at the same time providing the quality of legal services typically associated with larger firms. Despite our firm's size, our experienced attorneys handle complex legal matters while fulfilling our commitment to personal service and an attention to detail.
We assist our clients in reaching both their legal and business goals. Our lawyers focus on the individual needs of each of our clients and we tailor our services to meet those needs. We succeed in achieving the objectives of our clients by employing a straightforward, results-oriented approach to every project we undertake, which has resulted in a legacy of success.
• Represented an entertainment company focused on the financing and production of first class sports programming for distribution across multiple platforms.
• As general counsel to an organic food company specializing in baby and toddler foods, handled financing, structuring, leasing, licensing, employment and general commercial transactions.
• Served as general counsel to a full-service, integrated marketing agency, handling a host of commercial transactions including sports and entertainment marketing activities.
• Advised ownership groups in the acquisition, sale, relocation and financing of Minor League Baseball franchises, including the Portland Beavers, Tacoma Rainiers, Tucson Sidewinders, Reno Aces, Omaha Storm Chasers, Fresno Grizzlies, Richmond Flying Squirrels, Bowling Green Hot Rods, Carolina Mudcats and Pensacola Blue Wahoos.
• Represented a television/video production company specializing in packaged television programming and servicing major professional sports franchises and college sports programs.
• Represented Major League Baseball clubs in salary arbitration case preparation and hearings, contract structuring and payroll analysis, including the Oakland Athletics, Cincinnati Reds, Minnesota Twins, Arizona Diamondbacks, New York Mets, Atlanta Braves, Houston Astros, Baltimore Orioles, New York Yankees, Washington Nationals and San Francisco Giants.
• Represented athletes, sports leagues, broadcasters and sports executives worldwide.
• Represented a privately held wealth preservation firm specializing in precious metals.
• As general counsel to professional sports franchises, structured and negotiated sponsorship agreements, concessions contracts, suite licenses, naming rights agreements, stadium and arena leases, employee contracts and general commercial transactions.
• Served as outside legal counsel to sports film production company that produced Pelotero, Branca's Pitch and Schooled: The Price of College Sports.